Toyota North America Reports February 2017 Sales
- TMS posts best-ever February light truck
- Toyota division posts best-ever February light truck, SUV sales
- Toyota division posts best-ever February in RAV4, 4Runner, Highlander
- L/Certified by Lexus achieves best-ever February sales
March 01, 2017
February 2017 Sales Chart
Plano, Texas (March 1, 2017)
– Toyota Motor North America (TMNA), Inc., today reported its US February 2017 sales of 174,339 vehicles, a decrease of 7.2 percent from February 2016 on a volume basis. With the same number of selling days in February 2017 compared to February 2016, sales were down 7.2 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted February sales of 156,001 units, down 5.4 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Industry sales in February topped a 17 million unit pace for the eighth straight month,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota division. “Led by best-ever February sales of RAV4, 4Runner, and Highlander the Toyota division also set a new light truck record for the month.”
Lexus posted February sales of 18,338 vehicles, down 20.6 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“February saw continued demand for utility vehicles, and as we move into March, our healthy luxury utility vehicle inventory puts us in an excellent position to kick off our Command Performance Sales Event,” said Jeff Bracken, group vice president and general manager of the Lexus division. “In addition, February was a bright spot for L/Certified, with our dealers seeing another best-ever month in sales. This marks the 15th consecutive month of L/Certified record sales and growth.”
February 2017 Highlights
- Camry posts February sales of 27,498 units
- Toyota division SUV posts best-ever February with sales of 54,623, up 14.3 percent
- Highlander posts best-ever February, up 27.8 percent
- RAV4 posts best-ever February with sales of 26,351 units, up 3.2 percent
- 4Runner posts best-ever February, up 28.7 percent
- Sequoia records 23.6 percent increase
- RX posts sales of 6,676
- L/Certified by Lexus posts best-ever February sales of 7,762
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to advancing mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. Over the past 60 years, we’ve produced more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold almost 2.6 million cars and trucks (2.45 million in the U.S.) in 2016 – and about 85 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.